Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ignorant Winter















i am too many years old
with pounds of male ponder
still
i would go ‘round your world’

but I am married
and she the Queen
would rather stay here

down at this nearby Pub
a girl and boy come near
they talk to her
as I return
and get ever closer
to being introduced

Oh Favor!
It’s Exclamation
always has effect

she stood confident
on a table the size of a dime
and undid every single
beautiful
thing
thought imagined
before a table of pathetic gray
piling on their endless pay

thinking of all that could be
from the girl sitting,
waiting gracefully
at the bar

all those years i too was too old
was also when I was too young

so far back as Scare Crows
and Tin Men
go
so far back
as I can go
But then too
was i as far back
as We can go?

to Zero ...
 
Where
i liked the way it sounded
even when I did not say it

i liked the way it felt
even when I did not feel it

i wanted what I felt
touching what I wanted

caressed it softly
like it was what it was
even when it
did not feel what I felt


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment